Sunday, September 16, 2012

MTC email #2


Hi everyone!
This past week has been pretty good.  It's getting easier to learn the language already.  I don't feel like it's a very difficult language as far as conjugations/sentence structure.  Possibly easier than spanish.  That doesn't mean it doesn't take a lot of work though, because there are still a million words to memorize.  A lot of nouns are similar to spanish.  In Tagalog, you can count w/ either spanish numbers or Tagalog numbers, so that's easy. The days of the week are also in spanish except for sunday, and I hear the months are the same too. It does seem like a lot of work, but I'd say I know about a 2.5 semesters worth of high-school language class already. So if I think about it that way I feel like I'm doing fine.
 That's great Sister Stubblefield got baptised! Sounds like that was a great program.
I'll send pictures when I can or when I get a sd card reader. I haven't taken many, too busy.
I was able to watch the CES fireside online the other day.  It's on LDS.org. It's good! Also, the mormon messages videos are really good and you should all watch them!
Dad you asked for thoughts about the ward council thing.  It seems that referrals are super helpful! So bring that up I guess.  Also I wish I could have changed 2 million things I did over the past 10 years so I could be a better example to non-member friends. That's really important!
There are several people I see in the MTC a lot.  I see Sister Giles, one of Caitlin Mitchell's former roommates, at least 3 times a day every day. That's crazy.  I see Elder and Sister Childers about every other day.  I've seen Elder Passey from Hillview(?) ward once. I think that's it.  But I've also met about 2000 people it feels like. 
I went to the temple and did sealings again today. It was great! So good! And then we had temple food. Temple food > _____.
I heard from Casey Hare!! Woohoo! I'll write you back today.
Um... That's all I guess.
Bye love you,
Elder Bowers

No comments:

Post a Comment